Kalaloch leggings

6:56 AM

Winter in Finland can get cold, and at some point you need woolly leggings under your winter pants. When I saw the Kalaloch pattern I knew that I want to knit them - these leggings are pretty enough to be worn on their own. I added some length to the legs, but with DK weight yarn it's a good idea not to make them full length: you don't want to stuff them in your boots - or skates!


Pattern: Kalaloch by Andrea Rangel
Yarn: Fyberspates Vivacious DK in colorway 805 Deep Forest, 5 skeins (1600 m)
Needles: 4 mm (US 6)


This was one of my Indie Design Gift-A-Long projects, but I didn't manage to finish by the deadline. This project is not a knitting-and-reading project: once you start with the legs you have to start paying attention to the pattern. Another issue was the hand-dyed yarn that was bleeding so much that you couldn't just knit a couple of rows and then do something else - there's hand washing after every time you pick up the knitting.


The pattern is nice and straight forward. My only problem was with measuring "low waist". I seem to have a different idea of where is low waist and the elastic band is too loose. (Of course, I should have taken a look at the pattern pictures that show how high up the low waist comes.) The construction starts from the waistband and you knit the elastic band inside the waistband before continuing. It's nice because there are no seams to sew afterwards, but it also means you can't adjust the elastic afterwards. I would suggest leaving an opening for the elastic, as it sometimes needs to be changed also because of wear and tear.


Today is RUMS day!




You Might Also Like

0 kommenttia

recent posts