Rhombus socks

9:39 PM


Rhombus socks by Cookie A remind me of the flowers you can draw with a pair of compasses. After looking up the word "rhombus" in a dictionary I realised that it's not flowers, quite the opposite! Either way, as we were thinking of which sock pattern to choose for Young Warrior's teacher, I thought of these geometric shapes and managed to sell the pattern to Young Warrior in a way that almost made him think that he chose it. Choosing yarn went along the same line: I gave some options with a bit of guidance what to choose and so we had a pattern and yarn chosen by the kid to become a gift for his teacher. 


Pattern: Rhombus by Cookie A
Yarn: Handu sock yarn, 74 g
Needles: 2,5 mm (US 1 ½)


Then all there was to do was to knit the socks, and there was like a week to do it. Obviously, that made me think that there's all the time in the world to do it and on the last evening I realised that there's no way I could make it. Luckily, I had the Smokey Zickzacks still on my desk, so we had something for the teacher, but you couldn't say that Young Warrior had anything to do with choosing the pattern or yarn. Nevertheless, this pair of socks also found it's recipient already, as one of Troll Princess' daycare nannies started her vacation and we had a little gift for her.



You Might Also Like

2 kommenttia

  1. Oikein hyvää ja iloista Juhannusta Sinulle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Toivottavasti sinulla oli myös kiva juhannus!

      Delete

recent posts