Midsummer Haze

9:53 AM

Midsummer Haze was Joji Locatelli's contribution to Jyväskylä Summer Knit Festival: the pattern was a gift in the festival magazine. At first sight, I thought it was a nice pattern, but not my cup of tea. I admired the lovely Midsummer Hazes popping up on my Instagram feed and that was it. Later in July, our family vacation trip took us to the Baltic states Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. I have bought several yarn souvenirs from Estonia, so now I wanted to see what Latvia and Lithuania have to offer. A bit of googling, and I knew that I wanted to buy some Lithuanian linen. Unfortunately, we came to Vilnius, the capital, on Saturday afternoon due to my knitting obligations. That meant that the nice yarn shops that I wanted to visit had already closed - and on Monday we had to leave early to visit Trakau castle before heading to the other side of the country to see the Curonian spit. We stayed in Klaipeda, and happened to walk by Siulas linen shop (Lino Namai at Tiltų g. 11), and among all the lovely linen products they also sold linen yarn! So I did managed to get my linen souvenir after all.


The original plan was to knit a summer top with the linen, but it didn't take long before I started thinking about the Midsummer Haze pattern. That would look nice in linen, and a linen cowl would be a summer accessory, wouldn't it? Well, it is!


Pattern: Midsummer Haze by Joji Locatelli
Yarn: Siulas Lithuanian Linen 4 ply (101 g)
Needles: 3,5 mm (US 4)


I was a bit afraid that the rustic linen wouldn't work in a lace cowl, but I was wrong. I think it's lovely, and it has that linen shine. I'm really happy that I changed my mind about this pattern - or just found the perfect yarn for it. I'm also really happy that I found this linen. I have 400 g left, so a summer top might still be doable, and hey, Lithuania is not that far to go and buy more!


Linking up to RUMS.

You Might Also Like

0 kommenttia

recent posts