Kässäkerho Pom Pom SUPERviikonloppu 2018

1:28 PM

Kässäkerho Pom Pom changed the schedule of their annual SUPERweekend from autumn to spring and we enjoyed a lovely weekend in Kuopio on March 23-25. The weekend was filled with yarns, knitting, old and new friends, chatter and laughter - and learning new things.


The marketplace had some old favourites, as well as some new amazing yarns. Moar Yarn demonstrated hand spinning and had a lovely collection of hand spun yarn and spinning fibres on their stand.


ILO yarn made the trip all the way from Salo, and brought a lovely selection of these pastel beauties by Lystig Yarn, as well as gorgeous items from Primrose Yarn Co., Annie Yarns, etc.


KVG Woolworks had more of the awesome signature "Kuopio" colorway, only available in Kuopio, and this time also as fade kits. I had to get a sweater quantity of Kuopio, but with the fade kits I opted for this accidental colorway that I found especially pretty. I also picked up an accidental colorway of Kässäkerho Pom Pom Merino singles, as well as some Alpaca-Linen-Silk from Lanitium ex Machina, so it looks like I managed to get a ridiculously exaggerated haul back home with me. Nothing new here... (Except the yarns, they are new, something I didn't have in my stash, so I had to get them. Right? Right?!)


It was nice to see a couple of Liinu Shawls that I designed for the previous SUPERweekend. I also learned that more Liinu Shawls were in progress, and I can't wait to see them! This merino-silk one was on display and later worn by its talented knitter Maijusha (Ravelry name) at the evening party at Hygge Bro.


I had the opportunity to attend Liinu's sock blank workshop, finally! It was very exciting to have my first try at dyeing. My sock blank even turned out pretty much the way I wanted (see below) - until it was time to microwave it. For some reason, the dye bled afterwards, and I got some unplanned effect from that. I'm not sure if it was good or bad, as it actually dyed the whites from underneath (I only painted one side of the blank). So the end result is not what I planned (see the end result in the yarn haul pic above), but I'm definitely super anxious to get it on the needles and see how it is going to look like as socks!


Thank you, again, Liinu and the team for organising such a great event! And thank you all lovely Kuopio knitters for welcoming us visitors!

You Might Also Like

0 kommenttia

recent posts