We love winter!

11:37 AM

Cold weather front from Siberia has created chaos all around Europe. I understand that when you are not used to see snow, it can make life difficult. However, here in Finland, we have enjoyed perfect winter weather: sun has been shining for two weeks, there's snow on the ground and the temperatures have been between -5 and -15 degrees centigrade. People are skiing, skating, and walking on frozen sea! Of course, cold weather means that you need to dress appropriately.


My little Troll Princess lost the cowl that I made her last year, so I had to make a new one. I also wanted to knit the "deer with little antlers hat" by tiny owl knits, so I started with that. I was thinking that the left overs of the Evanlyn hat would be enough for a small hat, and they were. But not enough to make ears, so I had to change plans and knit a plain hat instead.


I had the same Eden Cottage Yarns Oakworth DK in pink, so we decided to add a pink pom pom and a pink cowl to go with the hat. I had looked at the previous KlompeLompe book, but didn't find anything I wanted to knit. From the second one, "Strikk till hele familien", I found this "Peikkonen" cowl with a lovely texture. Only modification I made was to change the ribbing to match that of the hat.


Pattern: improvised
Yarn: Eden Cottage Yarns Oakworth DK, colorway Falling Leaves, 38 g
Needles: 4 mm (US 6)


Pattern: Peikkonen (Småtroll-lue) cowl by KlompeLompe
Yarn: Eden Cottage Yarns Oakworth DK, colorway Geum, 75 g
Needles: 4 mm (US 6)


My model is super happy with her new hat and cowl. And we're off to the skating rink across the street!

You Might Also Like

0 kommenttia

recent posts