Tegna

6:18 PM

My May was filled with Madelinetosh projects: I participated in MadMay 2018 SALs (Stitch alongs - both crochet and knit accepted) in Madelinetosh Lovers Group on Ravelry. One of the SALs was General Sweater (work any sweater in Madelinetosh) and I decided to knit the super popular Tegna by Caitlin Hunter. I had a sweater quantity of Madelinetosh Dandelion in my stash, so I was all set to cast on on May 1st.


 Pattern: Tegna by Caitlin Hunter
Yarn: Madelinetosh Dandelion in colorway Pink Clay (845 m)
Needles: 4,5mm (US 7)


Tegna is worked bottom-up, so you start with the lace at the bottom, then continue in the round until armholes and then separate front and back which are worked flat, then joined at the shoulders with three-needle bind off. The lace is not too simple, so it took me three weeks to work the lace part. That didn't leave much time for the remainder of the sweater, but luckily it's only stockinette stitch with large needles. I even finished one day before the deadline!


Nonnu Neuloja podcast is hosting a Tegna knit along in her Ravelry group, so if you are looking for good company to knit your Tegna (and speak Finnish), I recommend that you check it out!


Linking up to CreaDienstag.

You Might Also Like

0 kommenttia

recent posts